I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) with the Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New York State (LCSW) and a member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW). I provide individual and couple psychotherapy services and work together with my clients to determine the therapeutic approach to best meet their treatment goals.
I hold a Post-Masters Certificate in Advanced Clinical Social Work in Family and Couples Therapy and have advanced training in emotion focused therapy for individuals and couples (EFT), internal family systems therapy (IFS), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and interpersonal therapy (IPT). I am influenced by attachment informed therapies and frequently incorporate mindfulness practices and meditation in my approach to psychotherapy and am a Yoga Alliance Certified yoga teacher.
Before moving into my private practice full time, I worked as a registered social worker at the Mount Sinai Academic Family Health Team in downtown Toronto. I taught psychotherapy and counselling skills to family medicine residents and was involved in research initiatives. I completed my MSW degree at Hunter College in New York City and worked in East Harlem for a number of years with at-risk families and children.
Please don’t hesitate to call me or be in touch if you have any questions or if you are contemplating psychotherapy as means to make meaningful changes in your life. I offer a free initial telephone consultation. 647.621.7216 or email me at email@example.com.
- mood and anxiety disorders
- relationship issues
- life cycle transitions
- grief and loss
- fertility-related issues
- work-related issues
- working with adolescents and young adults
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor of Social Work, McGill University
- Master of Social Work, Hunter College School of Social Work, City University of New York
- Post-Master Certificate in Advanced Clinical Social Work in Family and Couples Therapy, Hunter College School of Social Work, City University of New York
- Emotion Focused Therapy, Level One Certificate, York University Dept. of Psychology, Dr. Les Greenberg
- Emotion Focused Therapy, Level Two Certificate, York University Dept. of Psychology, Dr. Les Greenberg
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision Course and Training for Supervising Psychotherapists (30 hours), Institute for Self-in-Relationship Psychotherapy, Dr. Augustine Meir
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: Stepping Stones 16 week course (48 hours); Derek Scott, Internal Family Systems Counselling Association (IFSCA)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: Treating Complex Trauma, Leading Edge Seminars, Dr. Frank Anderson
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Level 1, The Hincks Dellcrest Centre & OISE/University of Toronto
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Externship Training Certificate, Dr. David Burns
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship Training Certificate, Sue Johnson, PhD & The Ackerman Institute for the Family
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level One
- Mindfulness Based Psychotherapy, Mount Sinai Psychotherapy Institute
- Extending Applications for Interpersonal Therapy, Mount Sinai Psychotherapy Institute
- Master Trainer, Stanford Chronic Disease Self Management Program
- Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Teacher