I am a Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) and a member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW) My approach is client-centered, meaning it is developed in collaboration with you in order to ensure it is appropriate, effective and fulfilling for you. I use a multi-modal approach, incorporating techniques and methods from a variety of therapeutic styles including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Emotion-Focused Therapy and Internal Family Systems Therapy, in order to tailor the therapeutic experience to your needs and interests. In sessions with me, you can expect a warm, non-judgemental and relaxed space to identify and explore patterns in thoughts, feelings, behaviours, relationships etc. Together we can work to disrupt patterns that are no longer serving you, and develop new more adaptive ones to replace them.
In addition to my work in private practice, I provide counselling support to the students of the Michener Institute of Education and UHN, helping them to navigate academic stress, mood disorders, perfectionism, learning difficulties and interpersonal issues. My past experience includes providing crisis counselling support to youth and victims of crime, as well as harm reduction and addiction support for opioid users in Toronto.
A trusting and supportive relationship between therapist and client is the single most important factor in ensuring therapy is effective. I offer an initial phone consultation for free in order for us to see if we are a good match to move through the therapeutic process together. Feel free to email me at email@example.com with any inquiries or to schedule your consult.
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Self-harm and suicidal ideation
- Life transitions
- Relationship issues
- Work/Academic stress
- Grief and loss
- Effective and Assertive Communication
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Social Work, Ryerson University
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Addictions and Mental Health, Humber College
- Master of Social Work, University of Waterloo
- Productive Emotional Processing in Psychotherapy: Targeted Interventions to Facilitate Emotional Change; Centre for Psychology and Emotional Health; Dr. Les Greenberg and Dr. Antonio Pascual-Leone
- Certificate of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Level 1 (Fundamentals), Wilfrid Laurier University
- Certificate of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Level 2 (CBT for Mental Health Disorders), Wilfrid Laurier University
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Essentials, The Association for Psychological Therapies